Traditional Restoration-Conservation and Cleaning workshop in the Galerie LissierAntique, modern and contemporary carpets, tapestries and textiles, as well as Kilim, trimmings, textiles, etc.
Cleaning of antique, modern and contemporary carpets and rugs
Our attention on old tapestries and rugs before cleaning them:
- We make our own colors from organic plants as at the time.
- We only work with appropriate wools, while respecting the weaving techniques specific to the origin of each piece.
- Cleaning and restoration of old armchairs, sofas, old tapestry chair
- Lining of the tapestries with hand-sewn linen canvas.
- Stain removal
Thanks to our know-how transmitted from father to son as a heritage for three generations, we give a second life to old, modern and also contemporary tapestries which need maintenance normally every ten years, to give them a long life..."
Word of Director Workshop: "Handmade Artisanal work is a true love story that binds us to the art of tapestry and gives us the courage to clean and restore them by hand as has been doing it for centuries."
- Dust removal
- Stain removal (if your carpet has been stained by wine, coffee, your pet, etc.)
- Traditional hand wash with 100% ORGANIC products
- Gentle rinsing
- Spinning and drying without using heaters in order to protect the work and our environment
- Upholstery lined with hand-sewn linen canvas
Repair service :
Nettoyage Restauration conservation traditionnel Tapis Tapisserie pas cher
Restoration consists of reweaving the worn or missing parts in an identical fashion, giving priority to appearance and aesthetics. After washing, in the presence of the work's owner, we will examine the damaged, torn or worn parts. After checking the work of art by our expert and our head of the workshop, two estimates will be proposed to the owner of the work; one for restoration, and others for conservation, once the owner makes his decision we will begin to repair the woven work of art using wools or silks, thanks to three generations of know-how, that is why we have been able to have the satisfaction of our customers since always.
At Galerie Lissier, the first place belongs to saving its magnificent works of art, which have been in this world for centuries and will continue to be so even after us, and the second place belongs to satisfying our customers; as Harry Gordon Selfridge says: "THE CUSTOMER IS KING", and after all, the benefit for these operations that take a lot of time and energy to our artisan team who work with their hearts.
Appraisal and Valuation of tapestry, antique and contemporary
Atelier artisanal de Restauration-Conservation et Nettoyage traditionnel
A Team Of Specialised Experts Will Help You Estimate And Sell Your Antique Tapestries And Rugs:
- Valuation of your textile assets with a view to sharing or updating their market value
- Pre- or post-loss appraisals at the request of private individuals or insurance companies.
- Appraisals and assistance with auctions and/or private sales.
Within 24 hours, you will receive an objective, confidential, no-obligation valuation based on the results of auctions of similar properties.